Swiss Rail Tour Summer
The Bernina Express, the Glacier Express and the Goldenpass Panoramic – all routes are masterpieces of railway engineering and take you through some of the most beautiful scenery in Switzerland.
Day 1 Make your own way to Davos, the highest town in the Alps, and check into the hotel. Time for initial exploring. → Sunstar Alpine Hotel Davos with Spa Centre
Day 2 Travel on the Bernina Express from Davos/Filisur to Tirano in the Valtellina Valley in Italy. The Bernina Pass is the highest rail crossing of the Alps. Just a short time later, you are among the palm trees of the milder South. → back to Davos
Day 3 Highlight of the day: climb aboard the world-famous "slowest express train in the world". The Glacier Express links Davos/Filisur and Zermatt. You travel through the heart of the Swiss Alps, past stunning scenery, through valleys and tunnels, across passes and bridges. → Sunstar Style Hotel Zermatt with a small spa area
Day 4 Free time in the car-free mountain resort of Zermatt in the Valais. Enjoy this free day exactly as you please! It’s definitely worth taking a ride up to the Gornergrat! → Zermatt
Day 5 From Grisons and the Valais, the rail tour takes you to Grindelwald in the beautiful Bernese Oberland. You travel on SBB trains from Zermattvia Visp, Spiez and Interlaken East to Grindelwald. → Sunstar Alpine Hotel Grindelwald with Spa Centre
Day 6 A day in the Jungfrau Region to spend as you wish, walking or taking a cable-car ride or a boat trip on Lake Thun or Lake Brienz. → Grindelwald
Day 7 The end of your round trip by rail: make your own way home. For visitors who parked their car in Davos, we recommend the lovely GoldenPass train ride back to Grisons via Lucerne.
Prices and Dates
Arrival Day: Sunday
|Child 6 - 15 yrs.
in EB, Basic BB
|11.06. - 02.07.2017
06.08. - 07.10.2017
|02.07. - 05.08.2017||1'400.-*||80.-||211.-|
Prices in CHF per person and stay in a double/single room Comfort.
* For Swiss residents: prices based on the half-fare travelcard.
Accepted in half payment: loyalty cards, shareholder vouchers and Privilège Cheques.
- 6 nights in Sunstar Hotels
2 nights in Davos
2 nights in Zermatt
2 nights in Grindelwald
- Half-board with breakfast buffet (children breakfast only)
Davos & Grindelwald: 5-course dinner with choice
- Zermatt: 3-course dinner "alpine cuisine"
- Sunstar SBB rail ticket for travel to and from your home in Switzerland or the border in 2nd class (direct bookers / 6 – 15 yrs Junior Card 30.–)
- Train journey in 2nd class incl. seat reservations
- Welcome drink in 1st hotel
- Travel papers
Loyalty Cards, shareholder vouchers and Privilège Cheques
- Ride in the 1st class: CHF 170.-
- Baggage transport: CHF 42.-/transport/baggage
- Lunch packages: CHF 15.-/day
- Reduction with GA travelcard: CHF 245.-
Phone +41 (0)800 611 611 (free)
Fax + 41 (0)61 921 19 42