For us, protecting our guests and employees and keeping them safe is the very top priority. We are doing all we can to ensure travellers' safety in the ever-changing situation in relation to the new coronavirus (COVID-19), and to offer them as much flexibility as possible.
On this page we keep you up-to-date with the latest information about the measures being taken by BAG (Swiss Federal Office of Public Health) and our professional associations.
• Starting 8 February you must send your contact information electronically when you are entering Switzerland, using the form for incoming travellers >>
• In all Sunstar Hotels the face masks must be worn in all public areas.
valid from 17th october 2020
• In order to protect all our guests, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate people who are exempt from wearing a mask
• Maintain social distance, at least 1.5 metres
• Wash and disinfect hands regularly
• Avoid large gatherings of people
• A maximum of 4 people per table is allowed, except families with children
• Reduced number of people permitted in the wellness area and indoor pool
• Cash-free payment preferred
• Intensified cleaning schedule
• Employees in close contact with guests wear protective masks
• Anyone with symptoms of illness should inform Reception
A warm welcome, but different
We give our guests a smile instead of a handshake. We always maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres.
We care - we wear
Wearing a mask over the mouth and nose helps prevent transmission of the virus, which is why we have introduced standardised rules.
In all Sunstar Hotels face masks must be worn in all public areas. Except sauna, steam bath, indoor swimming pool. At the Restaurant you may remove your mask when seated. In order to protect all our guests, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate people who are exempt from wearing a mask.
Hand hygiene for all
Hand sanitiser dispensers are available at all hotels for guests and employees to use to disinfect their hands.
Wellness, but with more privacy
Our indoor pool & wellness area continue to be available for use by all guests. However, only a limited number of people are permitted in this area at the same time. In some hotels can this lead to access restrictions.
Massages & treatments can still be booked at Reception. Our employees comply with the requirements and wear protective masks.
Enjoy good food, but keep a safe distance
The capacity of our restaurants has been reduced. Guests are seated at a minimum distance of 1,5 metres from one another. A maximum of 4 people per table is allowed, except families with childre. Breakfast and evening meals may be served in two sittings, depending on the capacity of the restaurant.
Screened, but still happy to help
Our Reception employees may be standing behind a Perspex screen, but the information they provide will still be transparent, informative and helpful.
Fast and safe
Cash-free payment is preferred. Please consider paying your final bill in advance, on the evening before your departure.
Clean and effective
Our housekeeping teams have intensified their cleaning routines. They wear gloves and protective masks. In bedrooms, ten of the most frequently touched areas are regularly disinfected. In public areas, door handles, handrails and taps are disinfected several times a day.
Digital, but just as informative
Hotel folders (A to Z), wine lists and similar documents have been replaced wherever possible by digital information. The hotel will make QR codes available.
Be cautious but fair
If you experience any flu-like symptoms within 14 days of your intended arrival date, please refrain from travelling. If you feel ill or unwell during your stay, please inform the Reception team.
Timings may vary from one Sunstar hotel to another. Please understand that, contrary to the web publication, certain activities/events may not take place as usual.